Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Happy New Year 2017

Dear All, this post is being written in the intervening period of December 31-January 1. At least, the start was made on the eve of New Year. However, by the time it is published, I know that a lot of time has passed. In my opinion, the post will be published only on January 3 or 4 of 2017. Nevertheless, the post is intended to be a closure of 2016, and to welcome a New Year - 2017.

So, the first thing first: I wish you a very Happy New Year, 2017 to all my readers of the blog. I know that I have very few and limited readers from Kazakhstan  but everyone is very valuable to me. I hope you continue reading my posts in this year as well. I hope to get your continuous supports, reviews and feedbacks to make my blog more useful and updated.

Dear Readers, I hope you had a very good vacation and party to welcome New Year. I wish you all the best. I hope that all your dreams, wishes, desires, wants, needs and everything that you have thought of will come true in this year - 2017. My only the best wishes!

Talking of me, I had a hell lot of good times on the eve of New Year and thereafter. I was moderately busy in partying and meeting my new and old friends in Astana, Kazakhstan. That is the reason in part why I am late with my post.

When I look back to 2016, I consider it to be a moderately successful year. I learned the few tricks of entrepreneurships in Astana and somehow, surviving in Kazakhstan. In December, 2015, I joined a language school as an English Teacher but my tenure there was short lived. I had to leave the school in March, 2016 but these 4 months of experience was very valuable to me. I felt exploited in the job handed by someone, but, at the same time, I did not see any light at the end of the tunnel. I understood the business culture, working style and business approach of different nationality. I took the learnings from there and started my own small venture. Slowly and steadily, it is marching ahead. I am not yet fully satisfied but things look much more brighter now in Astana, Kazakhstan if not the clear signal in the tunnel.

That was it on my professional front.

Apart from professional and job life, there are not many things which need any special mention at this time. I have learned to live in Astana, Kazakhstan. Surprisingly, without much difficulty, I have got used to winters of Astana. Except those few days (those may be a month ago) when temperature dipped to -31 degree celsius in Astana for a week, cold has not really affected me. I have not tried many winter sports yet but I am definitely looking forward to them. I am not sure of skating in ice rings in Astana but I am very keen to trying Skiing. Most probably, I will soon head to Astana Park (Central Park in Astana) for skiing. From the list of winter sports, the one thing I have already tried is "sliding on the ice on a air filled tube". It's little bit scary if you don't balance properly but is it truly entertaining. If you are not sure of what I am talking about, I shall post few photos of it later.

New Year 2017 and Resolutions

When we talk of New Year, the resolutions are part and parcel of it. There are many jokes relating to New Year Resolutions. The first one is, "You need to make some New Year Resolutions so that you can start breaking them from the very next day." But, on a serious note, I have three very simple New Year Resolutions for 2017. They are:

Read More,
Write More, and
Exercise More

When I look back and see the things that I did in 2016, I feel that I should have written more, should have read more and should have exercised more. I did not do them adequately. I have fallen shortage of my own targets, but I hope Year 2017 will be different. I will be writing more about these topics in the future covering mainly the types of books I read and the types of sports/exercises I do. I hope I will write more blogs so that my resolution to write more will also be a realistic one.

Before I sign off for today, I visited Zerende (Near Kokshetau) and Baravoe (Burabai, again near Kokshetau) in my year end break. I will be back with travel posts soon.

Once again, a very happy new year to all of you. Stay blessed, and stay happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment