Sunday, February 19, 2017

IELTS General Training-Writing Task I- For band 7, CEFR C1

Essay topic for IELTS General Test Writing Task - I

You are planning to take leave from office because of study reasons. Write a leave application to your manager asking to grant one month leave. In your letter, tell the reason of leave, who will replace you and how you are planning to keep up to date while away.

Write at least 150 words.


Sample Essay:

Dear J,

I am writing to request one month leave, which is required for me to better prepare for my IELTS exam. The exam is scheduled for March 2017 and I am conscious that I am not yet at the level I aspire to. I find it challenging to balance between the work and study. Therefore, I need a break from office.

To keep abreast of the developments at work, I will check my office emails on a weekly basis. In addition, I would be available for our bi-weekly team meetings.

As for my temporary replacement, I think Jane has the required level of experience and knowledge of my project. I am confident that she is the right person to keep the momentum and make the project a success.

We have been working together for a number of years and you know that I always did my best to meet the business requirements. I would appreciate your understanding of my personal situation. I am happy to discuss what support I can give to ensure we keep the ball rolling while I am away.

Regards,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment