Friday, November 5, 2021

My Trip to Kazakhstan-Updated - part-II

 I am going to update this post later with my experience of being in Kazakhstan after 2.5 years. In this post, to start with, I am going to write only few lines about my recent trip.

After I left Kazakhstan in March, 2019, I could not visit Kazakhstan soon. I had a plan to be there in January/February of 2020 but by that time, the COVID-19 corona virus pandemic had almost engulfed the whole world. Then, flights to Delhi was cancelled by Air Astana, and borders were sealed by various governments. So, I had to wait for a very long time to go back to Kazakhstan. Finally, I landed there in late August, 2021 but not without difficulty. I lived in Astana (Nursultan) for a month and returned to my home country in late September, 2021. 

After my this year's visit to Kazakhstan, my passion to write about Kazakhstan and my life there has been reignited. I will update this post slowly, surely and steadily.

Few Things about my recent Kazakhstan trip:

1. I flew to Istanbul, Turkey and thereafter, I was supposed to go to Uzbekistan but Uzbekistan COVID-19 rules did not allow to enter me there or transit via them. That's why I had to change the flight to Almaty from Istanbul. It was a very difficult, expensive affair. Ultimately, I landed in Almaty and then, headed to Astana by Air Astana. I hope this situation would not have to face by anyone ever.

2. My residence permit in Kazakhstan got expired as I had lived more than 181 days outside Kazakhstan. The official process of Residence Card cancellation was undertaken after going to Migration Police Office located in Amangeldi Street. I had taken C-2 (Family Reunion Visa) from Delhi, India before flying to Kazakhstan and there was no issue about Visa.

******

To help expats in Kazakhstan, I regularly post on two sites: expat.com (https://www.expat.com/en/blog/asia/kazakhstan/astana/astana-almaty.blogspot.com). I post with a username Hyderabadgermany on expat.com forum, and on Caravanistan Forum. My user Name is IndianGuy there. You can read my posts, experiences there too. https://caravanistan.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1190

No comments:

Post a Comment